Work. Work. Work. Work. Work.
The Morris Museum of Art is hiring a Guest Services Weekend Attendant.
This part-time position (about 13 hours a week) reports to the Curator of Education, under the general supervision of the guest services coordinator. The employee must become familiar with the mission and collection of the Morris Museum of Art and the Augusta area in order to assist visitors with directions and recommendations.
Hours: Saturday, 9:30–5:00 p.m. and Sunday, 11:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Specific core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests (including tour groups) and providing orientation to galleries and other areas from the guest services desk.
- Receiving admission fees, maintaining visitor services desk monies, reconciling admission and fee records at end of the day, and preparing funds for finance office (if needed).
- Verifying membership status.
- Maintaining records and databases of attendance and demographic information for individual visitors, tours, outreach, events, and programs.
- Accepting and processing reservations for education department events, programs, tours, and lectures.
- Maintaining placement of building signs and distribution of publications throughout galleries and other public areas.
- Maintaining PowerPoint presentations for upcoming events, docent training, and educational lectures/programs.
- Setting up and taking down refreshments and/or tables for education-related events (this includes moving items between floors in the service elevator).
- Working with visitor services and special program volunteers.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned by the Curator of Education.
- Answering the telephone and taking and distributing messages.
- Maintaining the coat room for visitors and docents.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be capable in all Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have superb customer service and management skills.
- Be responsible, independent, a self-starter, friendly, and outgoing…a “people person.”
- Be a high school graduate.
- Have excellent writing, speaking, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to lift thirty pounds.
- Be available to begin immediately.
Business attire required. This is an hourly position with a pay rate of $15.00 per hour
Send resume and cover letter to:
Morris Museum of Art
1 Tenth Street, Suite 320
Augusta, Georgia 30901
*Electronic submissions can be sent digitally to: