Tuesday - Saturday:
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
(Closed Mondays & major holidays)
Children (12 and younger):Free
and Seniors (65 and older):$3
Museum members are free.
(NO ADMISSION CHARGE on Sundays)
The Morris Museum of Art is located on the Riverwalk, overlooking the Savannah River.
The museum’s main entrance, Education Gallery, and Auditorium are on the first floor.
The Riverwalk entrance, Permanent Collection, Special Exhibition Galleries, Information Desk and Museum Store, are located on the second.
The Administrative Offices, Library and The Center for the Study of Southern Art, are on the third.
For detailed directions from your location click Here.
During normal business hours, Monday-Friday, free parking is available on the south side of the Augusta Riverfront Center in designated visitor spaces. Additional parking is available in municipal parking lots next to the Marriott Hotel and on the south side of Reynolds Street just east of Tenth.
Visitors to the museum after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and anytime on weekends may park in any spaces in the Augusta Riverfront Center parking lot.
Plan Your Visit
- Please do not touch works of art.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the galleries.
- Tobacco products and chewing gum are strictly prohibited anywhere in the facility.
- Umbrellas, backpacks, and large bags are not allowed in the galleries.
- In consideration of other visitors, please silence your cell phones and refrain from conversation in the galleries.
- Pets are not allowed in the galleries. However, assistive animals, such as guide dogs for the blind are permitted.
- Sketching, in lead or color pencil only, is permitted in the permanent collection galleries and in most special exhibitions. Please inquire at the visitor services desk before sketching in special exhibitions. The use of paints, watercolors, pens, charcoal, chalk, crayons, or markers is not permitted.
Still photography is permitted in galleries devoted to the museum’s permanent collection. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever and are for private, noncommercial use only.
The use of a flash or tripod is prohibited at all times. Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or in areas designated as "No Photography."
Feel free to upload photos of artwork from the permanent collection galleries to your personal social media. Please use the hashtag #morrismuseumofart and tag us on the following social media