The Morris Museum of Art's 2023 Teen Council is open to teenagers interested in museum educational programming. This year's council members will serve on a planning body at the museum from September through December 2023. They will
- work alongside museum professionals to contribute to museum programming
- curate a museum exhibit by selecting artwork from the Morris Museum of Art's collection
- receive an honorarium for their time served on the council (dollar amount to be determined)
- attend weekly meetings at the museum
- coordinate and run special programs outside of regular meeting hours
Applications are due June 1, 2023. Accepted applicants will be notified via email by July 1. Program coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2023 Teen Council is generously sponsored by Synovus.
The Morris offers a special, low-cost membership category just for students!
2022 Teen Council
In 2022, The Morris Museum of Art's Teen Council was invited to curate an exhibition in Westobou's MICRO Gallery in downtown Augusta. Members of the Teen Council organized an open call that asked artists to respond to the topic of teen identity. The exhibition included work by 11 teen artists from 6 schools in the CSRA.
In preparation for the exhibition, the Teen Council met to discuss curating strategies and attend talks with gallerists, artists, curators, and art professionals.