Make a Twirligig!
Spin it. Twirl it. Make it. Want to make your own colorful twirligig toy? Here’s how you do it!
- Colored construction paper
- Hot glue
- Wooden skewer
- Cut 8 strips of paper into 11 x 1/2 inch strips.
- Cut 2 circles for attaching the paper strips—1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Glue the ends of the paper strips to a circle.
- Glue the opposite ends of the paper strips to the other circle.
- Now, put the wooden skewer through the center of both circles of paper. You can start the hole with a pin, then push the pointy end of the skewer up through the center of the paper spinner.
- On the top circle, cover the topside, and underside, with hot glue to keep it from moving.
- Then spin + enjoy!
Be sure to share a photo of your finished twirligig with us!
Tag us on Instagram @morrismuseumoart // Facebook @morrismuseumofart // hashtag #morrismuseumofart