Absence Makes the Art Grow Fonder!
Augusta’s Morris Museum of Art Reopens to the Public
All of us at the Morris Museum of Art have missed you! We are thrilled to announce that the museum will reopen to the public on Tuesday, June 9 on its regular schedule—Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Sunday, noon-5:00 p.m. The museum’s library, the Center for the Study of Southern Art will be open by appointment only for the foreseeable future.
To ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors, the following steps have been taken or will be taken:
• Frequent sanitizing of all high-traffic areas.
• All staff will wear masks when interacting with the public.
• Visitors will be required to wear masks. (Masks will be provided to those who need them.)
• Plexiglas shields have been placed at the visitor services desk, museum store counter, welcome desk in the main office, and library.
• Sanitation stations have been placed throughout the museum.
• The number of visitors in the galleries and the museum store will be limited.
• All public programs have been postponed or rescheduled for a later date.
• Payment of admission fees and for museum stores purchases may be made by credit/debit card payment only.
We look forward to seeing you soon and encourage you to visit us online on our website, Facebook, Instagram, + Twitter in the meantime.
The board and staff of the Morris Museum of Art